Wednesday, August 22, 2018

The New School Year is Upon Us!!!

Greetings!  Mr. Murphy and Ms. Weisburgh cannot wait to see the students next week!  We realized today that the "welcome letter" did not make it out yet, so we are attaching the text of it  here (and sending it out first thing tomorrow morning in the mail).

August 2018
Dear Member of the Murphy/Weisburgh Learning Community,
We hope you have been having a restful and generally great summer vacation! Also, We hope you are ready for another school year as you officially start middle school! Ms. Weisburgh and Mr. Murphy have been resting up and cannot wait to see you. Our rooms look a little different, but you will definitely recognize this home away from home!
We will have many new items and tools available in the classrooms (such as art supplies, notebooks, folders, and an agenda for each student). We would like to ask that you bring a few items to school with you, if you can.
To share:
a box of tissues and a container of wipes for desk cleaning
For your own use:
a 3-ring binder, a package of crayons (a small set of 8 crayons will do), a package of colored pencils, and a package of pencils
For snack time during the school day, please try to bring healthy items (for a good article with lots of ideas, please see: https://cspinet.org/protecting-our-health/nutrition/healthy-school-snacks.

Enjoy these beautiful last days of August, and we will see you next week!

Welcome to Sixth Grade

My name is Casey Weisburgh and I am so excited to be your student's sixth grade math and science teacher this school year. I grew up and went to school right here in St. Albans Town. I am so excited to be teaching at the school that taught me so much. After high school at BFA St. Albans, I received my Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education from Plymouth State University as well as my Master's Degree in Special Education from Johnson State College.
It's going to be a year full of fun, learning, and MA adventures. I look forward to getting to know your student and watch them grow this year. I am excited to meet you at our Open House. Please let me know if you ever have any questions or concerns. It is important to me to keep communication open between us. I look forward to a great year together!

No comments:

Post a Comment